Granted, the behaviour of the datagrid is not optimal, but then again,
why would you want to show 68 columns simultaneously? Even if the
scrolling did work as you expect it to, that doesn't sound very
user-friendly. I'd suggest thinking of another interface instead. For
instance, you could show 3 or 4 columns and when you click on one row it
could show the details in another panel. You could have the only names
available in a list and then when you click on them it shows the data in
a 2xn datagrid where your original columns become rows, the first column
is the name of the property and the second is the value.