Hello All,

This thread, directly relates to all the other ones I've posted recently
- as I think one of my root problems, is truly understanding on how
Events get propagated within an application.

They say the Event model is so great, due to all the components being so
loosely coupled.  So either I am missing something really rudimentary
here, or the Event model doesn't work the way I thought it did.

In every example I've seen, for an Event Listener and Broadcaster setup
to work properly, there must be a common link (like a container) between
the 2 components - and then, there are the 3 key things which must be in
place: The Event Listener, the Broadcaster, and the Function that gets
run whenever the Event gets triggered.

But what about the times, where I won't know for sure beforehand, which
component I will be using at the time?  Especially in a Cairngorm
Application, where the Commands (which is where I desperately need to
broadcast my Custom Events from) literally NEVER know where their Result
Events are going to be sent.  Of course, this is where the true power of
Cairngorm-based Applications comes into play.

All the Commands do really, is update the ModelLocater with their
updated results - and because of Data Binding, the Components in the
Application show the updated results.  For me unfortunately, there is
always much more that needs to be done, after a Result is brought back -
and I need to find a way to tell my Application Components, to perform
their next task (based on a Custom Event, that I broadcast).

Can anybody show me how to Broadcast Events in such a manner, that they
get disseminated "Application-wide"???  This way, I don't need to know
beforehand, which Components will be Receiving the Events.

This is the final thing on my plate that I must figure out, then I can
FINALLY finish my app and find some peace in my life....

Thanks in advance,

Mike