I am been trying to create VO's that extends ArrayCollection and then use those in my modelLocator to maintain my VO lists. The reason being that I presume I could add functionality to these extended classes down the road without have to retype variables throughout my application.

For example, I would create:

BookVO
BookListVO

BookListVO would just extend the ArrayCollection class and hold the list of BookVO's.

And of course in my ModelLocator I would type to BookListVO instead of ArrayCollection:

public var bookList: BookListVO;

However, I am having problems extending the ArrayCollection class properly which makes me wonder wether this is even a good idea. Is there a secret to extending the Array & ArrayCollection classes? OR am I headed down the wrong path with my thinking.

I also see many people using ICollectionView instead of ArrayCollection. Should I also implement ICollectionView in the BookListVO? I am little confused as to when to implement ICollectionView and when to just work with the ArrayCollection...

the Cairngorm store 2.1 example uses both in the ML?

public var products : ICollectionView;
public var paymentValidators : ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

thanks, Kevin