This is what I do:

1) create a new Flex Project in Flex Builder

2) right-click on the flex project and select Team -> Share Project

3) choose SVN

4) either create new repository location or use existing (up to you)

5) choose 'specified folder name' and type:
projectname /trunk

6) follow the prompts fro her - which allow you to choose what to commit and what to exclude.

This approach has work pretty well for me. Not sure if it is the correct way though.

I create the branches & tags folders directly in the SVN later when I need them.

- kevin