1) Is is possible to return results from AMFPHP and have them easily assign Value Objects on the Flex Client? (if so, how)

EXAMPLE:
call service to ask for an array of VO data.
AMFPHP returns array of PHP Data(Value) Objects in result event.
How do I then map the items in the VO array to a Flex VO? Is this possible?

I thought I could use something like this to do it,
[ArrayElementType("com.one.of.my.customVO")]
but I am not sure where to put this?? or how to use it properly.

2) Is it bad form to give Cairngorm Value Objects custom getters & setters to handle some basic data manipulation tasks?

I have been doing this in my unit testing, but now that I am trying to connect to AMFPHP to return the data, the getters & setters are useless because the Flex VO is being ignored.

Thanks for your help.

- Kevin