Take a read of this:
http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2006/06/as3_resource_ma.html

There's 3 articles in the series which provide an insight into the gc.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of fliabrussa
Sent: 16 January 2007 13:12
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Total used memory

Hello to all,
I am fighting with a subject again that had crossed to me before,
which I left it of side with the idea that when proved version 2.0.1
to not it happens me, but lamentably to me it continues happening.

It is very probable that I am confused, for that reason I go to you
so that they give a hand me.

My problem is the use of the memory: basically, which I see is that
the GC does not release memory when we erased a component that
includes a control TabNavigator or Accordion inside.

In order to show better he arms it a small application in which we
can instantiate "n" times the control "Simple" (that contains 2
DataGrid) and see that the used memory becomes stabilized in 8Mb or
10 Mb. In order to see this in the application we must make several
times click in the button that says "Component Simple".
Soon, to see what I call problem, we must do several times click on
the button "Component WithNavigator", this will instantiate "n" times
the control "WithNavigtor" (that contains 1 TabNavigator with 2 grids
inside), is there where we will see that the memory never lowers, but
that is increased always. By this it is that it seems to me that
there is some problem in this type of controls.

The Link of the application is this:
http://www.managern
<http://www.managernet.com.ar/MemoryNav/MemoryNavigator.html>
et.com.ar/MemoryNav/MemoryNavigator.html
right click to see the source code.

if somebody has some idea of as I can solve it or if it sees that I
am making something bad, please help me since this the dream is
clearing me.

greetings to all
Fabian