ben.clinkinbeard wrote:
> are there any reasons to not target FP9 and therefore rely
> on auto-update for users without it?

For what it's worth, I didn't reply yesterday, because I couldn't think
of such reasons, but my opinion could be seen as biased.

The majority of consumers are almost certainly running Adobe Flash
Player 9 by now. It was released on June 30, and ten weeks later, in
mid-September, over a third of all consumers had already installed it,
according to a consumer audit by Millward Brown:
http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

Today we're about thirty weeks into distribution. If your audience
doesn't already have the latest capabilities, then they soon will. It's
your decision, of course, but it's hard for me to see reasons to dismiss
use of Player 9 today.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd