Tom Chiverton wrote:
> On Monday 22 January 2007 17:43, Benjamin Schwehn wrote:
>> The two FLV typically have sizes between 20 and 200MB each. One is
>> encoded with an Flash 7 Codec, the other with the newer Flash 8 On2 VP6
>> Codec. (seeking is slow with both codecs)
>
> Would it be possible to just join the two video files together off line and
> ship that on the DVD ?

We considered that option, but would like to avoid it because the videos
are not at the same resolution (neither same framerate, but that would
be less of a problem):

Video 1 (typically a lecturer giving a speech) is at 320x240, video 2
(typically PPT Slides, Animations, Films) is at 640x480. Since a joined
video must still be rectangular, it would get quite large, at least
980x480, but in fact even a bit bigger (ca 1040x480, since we would need
some additional space for our layout (the two videos shouldn't be right
next to each other). Those videos would possibly be a bit of a hassle to
generate and handle (and probably quite a bit larger because of the
empty space and because we'd have to use the higher framerate for both
videos). Escpecially as it is a bit of a hassle putting controls on top
of a VideoDisplay, which we would have to do to for design reasons.

I'm a bit surprised really, that Flash can't seek forward just a bit
faster once the FLVs are a bit bigger and better quality than the stuff
on YouTube etc.

Thanks
Ben

<*> Your email settings: