I made a quick example with a slider. The font size of a button and
label is set to the value of the slider. The slider changes the font
size, which for the button, scales to fit the new font size. You could
have a button that changes the font size throughout your flex app.

Juan
scalenine.com

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" xmlns:ns1="*">

        <mx:HSlider x="498" y="309" minimum="2" maximum="50" snapInterval="2"
liveDragging="true" id="slider" value="24"/>
        <mx:Button x="541" y="347" label="Button" fontFamily="Georgia"
fontSize="{slider.value}"/>
        <mx:Label x="555" y="401" text="Label" fontFamily="Georgia"
color="#ffffff" fontSize="{slider.value}"/>

</mx:Application>