    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
    [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Shannon Hicks
    *Sent:* Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:50 AM
    *To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
    *Subject:* Re: [flexcoders] Slightly OT: Vista Feedback

    I installed Vista on my laptop running MX 7.02, IIS and FB 2. They
    all continued to work. It was everything else that broke. I lost
    printer support (no Vista drivers, and the XP drivers didn't
    transfer over). They did fix the hibernate bug, so Vista did
    finally allow my laptop to hibernate, but the rest of the
    interface was not only unimpressive, but confusing. If you use
    Windows-R to access your filesystem, you're in for a shock when
    you find out that they've moved some of the core directories like
    Desktop, My Documents, etc. I didn't play around with it long
    enough to figure it out... I ended up formatting it and going back
    to XP.

    Shan

    Battershall, Jeff wrote:

    My biggest concern in installing Vista on my laptop is whether it's
    going to break my existing development setup:

    CFMX 7.02 running with Apache with heavy use of Flex Builder.

    Anyone out there has Vista running on such a setup without issues? Or
    with issues? I'm still on the fence as to whether the feature set of
    Vista is compelling enough to warrant the upgrade, and my
    concerns about
    screwing up my development environment are a big factor in my
    decision.

    Jeff Battershall
    Application Architect
    Dow Jones Indexes
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:jeff.battershall%40dowjones.com>
    (609) 520-5637 (p)
    (484) 477-9900 (c)