Hello everybody,

I've just faced an issue and I'd like to know if it's a bug or a known
"feature".
I've got to develop a MDI-like application and I'm playing with modules.
So I defined various as (pay attention here, I mean ".as" files) classes
extending the mx.modules.Module class and compiled them as modules. Each
of these classes references some TitleWindow subclasses which I try to
open from the main application. Well, nothing works: I've got different
errors (depending on the window I try to open) about null values in
graphical properties. I changed my modules classes to .mxml classes (I
mean ".mxml" files), keeping the mx.modules.Module as the parent class,
and everything seems to work. Summarizing, I try to compile as modules
these files:

- MyModule.as

class MyModule extends Module {
        /* This DOESN'T WORK */
}

- MyModule.mxml

<mx:Module xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
        <!-- WORKS! -->
</mx:Module>

What's this? Can't I extend an mxml class using an as file? I don't
think so, since I've used this technique in other cases and evrything
went smooth. I suppose it is an issue of the file I'm going to compile.
If so, can't I force the compiler to handle an as file like an mxml one?
I need this since I'd like my Module subclass to implement a certain
interface.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Benvenuti

Senior Programmer

Tagetik Software
Via Farnesi, 141
55100 Lucca

Tel. (+39)058396811
Fax. (+39)058391199

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.tagetik.com

Questo messaggio puo' contenere informazioni di carattere estremamente
riservato e confidenziale. Qualora non foste i destinatari, vogliate
immediatamente informarci con lo stesso mezzo ed eliminare il messaggio,
con gli eventuali allegati, senza trattenerne copia. Qualsivoglia
utilizzo non autorizzato del contenuto di questo messaggio costituisce
violazione dell'obbligo di non prendere cognizione della corrispondenza
tra altri soggetti, salvo piu' grave illecito, ed espone il responsabile
alle relative conseguense civili e penali.
http://www.tagetik.it/azienda/privacy_form per cancellare o modificare il
profilo. Nel rispetto della vostra privacy –
http://www.tagetik.it/azienda/privacy-policy-1 per visionare la nostra
policy.

This message is being sent from Tagetik  and may contain information
which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
unauthorized use of the content of this message is a breach of your duty
to respect the confidentiality of the correspondence between other
persons and can expose the responsible party to civil and/or criminal
penalties, and may constitute a more serious offense.
http://www.tagetik.com/company/privacy_form?set_language=en to
unsubscribe or modify your profile. We respect your right to privacy -
http://www.tagetik.com/company/privacy-policy?set_language=en to view
our policy.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional