You don't need AddChild, that is only used within view states.  When
extending an object, you can just add new elements.  So, just add
<mx:Label /> instead of <mx:AddChild><mx:Label /></mx:AddChild>

Andrew Trice

Cynergy Systems, Inc.

http://www.cynergysystems.com

Blog: http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs/page/andrewtrice