Okay, I've figured it out.  It seems I left out some information
from my original post that might of helped.

The problem was in my aspx code that generated the xml for the
HTTPService.  I needed to make sure not to cache there.  I'm showing
my whole aspx code for others in case they run up with this
problem.  I love it when it takes two days to write four lines of
code.

Thanks Tracy for your original post, it got me thinking in the right
direction.

****************Code .net aspx****************
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim strSQL As String
        Dim strUser As String
        Dim strWhere As String

        Dim Conn As New SqlConnection
("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDB;UID=UserID;PWD=")
        '+++here is where I stop the caching+++++++
        Response.Buffer = True
        Response.ExpiresAbsolute = DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, -1,
Today.Now)
        Response.Expires = 0
        Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
        '+++++++++End of new cache code+++++++
        Response.ClearContent()
        Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
        If Not Request.QueryString("File") = "" Then
            strWhere = "FileNameID = " & Request.QueryString("File")
        End If
        If Not Request.QueryString("Search") = "" Then
            strWhere = "Tag Like '%" & Request.QueryString("Search")
& "%'"
        End If
        strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblTableName WHERE " & strWhere

        Conn.Open()

        Dim myCmd2 As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand(strSQL, Conn)
        Dim myReader2 As SqlDataReader = myCmd2.ExecuteReader()

        Dim w As XmlTextWriter = New XmlTextWriter
(Response.OutputStream, Encoding.UTF8)
        w.Formatting = Formatting.Indented
        w.WriteStartDocument()
        If Request.QueryString("File") Then
            w.WriteStartElement("FileID")
            w.WriteAttributeString("FileID", Request.QueryString
("File"))
            While myReader2.Read
                w.WriteStartElement("Tag")
                w.WriteString(myReader2.Item("Tag"))
                w.WriteEndElement()
            End While
        Else
            w.WriteStartElement("Tag")
            w.WriteAttributeString("Tag", Request.QueryString
("Search"))
            While myReader2.Read
                w.WriteStartElement("FileName")
                w.WriteString(myReader2.Item("FileNameID"))
                w.WriteEndElement()
            End While
        End If

        w.WriteEndElement()
        w.Close()

    End Sub
****************end of code**********************
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "meathead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think the problem is binding to lastResult.  The code
> works.  When I use my third tier to capture the data and insert it
> into my SQL table, it works like a charm.  When I return to the
main
> page, the data isn't there.  If I close the application and start
it
> again, the data shows.  I'm pretty sure this is a cache issue.
I'm
> using a url built on the fly.  I'm just a little confused on how
> HTTPService handles multiple .send(); calls.  Is there a way to
> clear the HTTPService cache or am I not understanding and
something
> else needs to be done?
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Aaron
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <tspratt@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I advise not binding directly to lastResult for this very
reason:
> it is
> > difficult to debug.
> >

> > Instead, use a result handler function. In that you can trace or
> > otherwise examine the data you get back.  If it is the same,
then
> you
> > have the cache issue.
> >

> > I have been told that POST calls do not cache, but GET does.
> > HTTPService defaults to GET, and uses GET if the post body is
> empty.
> >

> > Another common solution to cache issues is to append some unique
> string
> > to the url.
> >

> > Tracy
> >

> > ________________________________

Service
> > and disconnecting but to no avail. Basically, it's not updating.
> > Here is some code.....
> >
> > ******LinkButton component named "TagLink"********8
> > <mx:LinkButton xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
> > <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
> > label="{data.Tag}" height="25" width="90" color="blue" >
> > </mx:LinkButton>
> >
> > ********HTTPService************
> > <mx:HTTPService id="rstTag"
> > url="http://sycorax/KDA/XMLPhotoTags.aspx?File=1
> > <http://sycorax/KDA/XMLPhotoTags.aspx?File=1> "
useProxy="false"/>

> > ********and subsequent call when user clicks a list*********
> > rstTag.url = "http://Some/LocalServer/XMLpage.aspx?File=
> > <http://Some/LocalServer/XMLpage.aspx?File=> " +
> > rlstThumbs.selectedItem.FileID.toString();
> > rstTag.send();
> >
> > ********TileWindow and TileList*****
> > <mx:TitleWindow width="25%" height="29" layout="absolute"
> > id="twinTags" title="Tags" alpha=".25" left="0" top="0"
> > click="TagListClick();">
> > <mx:TileList id="tlstTags" itemRenderer="TagLink"
change="SendTags