Hello All,

I have a Box Component, that contains a SWFLoader.

When the SWFLoader's Content grows beyond the bounds of the Box
Container, I have the Scrollbars automatically appear.

This particular content that the SWFLoader houses, is always going to be
a Map.  Obviously, when viewing Maps, Panning and Zooming are
commonplace - and I want to provide the users the ability to drag the
Map Content around within the Box Component.

Since I come from the Flash World, startDrag() and stopDrag() are very
familiar commands to me, and of course those were the first Methods that
came to mind, when making my Maps drag-able within my Flex App.

Is startDrag() and stopDrag() still the preferred methods of moving
content around on the screen, when it comes to Flex Apps?

Now, I know there is the DragManager.as Class that comes bundled with
Flex - but isn't that more for the purpose of Dragging one Component's
Content, into another one?  And then keeping track of any Data that
should get sent along, whenever the Drop Event takes place?

In this particular case, I just want to be able to Pan the Maps around.

Will startDrag() and stopDrag() suffice in this instance?

Also, is there a way where the Scrollbars on the Box Container, can
sense the Content is being moved around, and to update the Scrollbar
positions accordingly?

How would I go about doing something like that?

Thanks in advance, for any help you can offer.

Mike