My current code now loops through the children of a container and adds
an event handler to each one to listen for a "change" event.

However, I want to only add event handlers to UIComponents that have
some sort of value that the user can change.

Some examples of these components are: TextInput, ComboBox,
RadioButton, CheckBox, ColorPicker, List, RichTextEditor, etc.

My current code is something like this: (simplified)

var component:UIComponent = container.getChildAt(i);
if (component is Container)
{
  // add event handlers to the container's children
}
else if (component is UIComponent && "enabled" in component)
{
  // add an event handler to component
}

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for all the various input controls.
e.g. The RichTextEditor is a Container, so the code tries adding event
handlers to it's children (I want an event handler on the actual
RichTextEditor).

Is there a reliable way of detecting a user editable control?

Thanks in advance!