From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of amadrias
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 6:58 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex and hosting remote callable services

Hi all,

I'm new to Flex and the upcoming Apollo framework and I'm highly
interested in this technology to build my current project.

However, I couldn't find any answer to my question on the multiple
websites I've been browsing.

My current project would require the Flex (or Apollo) application on
the desktop to "host" a remote callable service the same way as a
messenger would do or any other Peer2Peer application would.

Unfortunatelly, it seems that there are no such feature available.
ActionScript comes with some classes to perform remote calls but
nothing seems in place to actually host a small service (UDP/TCP
based protocols).

So, could anyone tell me if I'm wrong saying so?
And if I'm not wrong, would it be possible for me to extand the
networking capabilities with my own hosting service that I could
embed into Flex?

Thanks