I ran into similar problems with handling mouse events when converting
an app from 1.5 to 2.0.  I found that most of the time, I wound up
transferring the eventlistener to another object (like the parent, since
mouse events propagate up).  But I have had success when adding the
mouse_up event inside the mxml to the this scope like:
this.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP,doMouseUp);

John

 John R. Piotrowski

 Programmer Analyst

 Wharton Computing