Oh yeah one more thing.

I know why they did this. At least a perspective.

If you have version 2.0 linking in ManagerA and they change the
implementation to ManagerB in 2.5, ManagerA will not be linked in unless
ManagerA is linked, other wise ManagerB is linked in, in 2.5 and the string
decouples the dependency of ManagerA in the last version.

may be wrong here but it makes sense to me.

Peace, Mike