Private Romeo

I suggest you the Actionscript 3.0 Design Patterns, (
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-ActionScript-3-Design-Patterns/dp/0321426568?tag2=gp04-20)
usually it's a very clever way to learn much more as patterns against only
how to's.

I've read that book and can give you a eye perspective of other ways to
scale your flex project as a maximus uses.

Best.