Is there any documentation on building an adapter to use the
automation packages?  I browsed through the source of the classes in
the automation package and it appears to support the record and
playback model of testing, which in my opinion what you want to avoid.
 Can the automation package be leveraged for programmatically
controlling the Flex components like you would do in a tool like
Watir, Watij, or Jemmy?  Is FDS absolutely required to build on top of
this system?