Hello All,

As all of you Flash People know, whenever you have Assets in your
Library, they all have a Registration Point.  I know 99% of you already
know this, but for those who don't, the Registration Point is the spot
on the Object, that is considered to be 0,0.

Typically, it's either in the upper-left-hand corner, or smack-dab in
the middle.

This way, whenever you are Scaling your Object, the sizing will get
bigger downwards and to the right, or it will scale evenly from the
Center Out.

With this said, after embedding all my Graphical Icons (which will serve
as WayPoints for my Map Application), how can I control the nature of
how these Icons Scale??

Some of my Icons, are drawn in such a way, where they have a little
arrow in the upper-left-hand corner.  That way, it's obvious to the
user, that wherever they drop their WayPoint on the Map, the top of the
Pointer on the Icon, IS precisely the spot where the WayPoint
coordinates are referring to (and will scale accordingly from that
point).

Then again, some of my other Icons, are just general in nature, and
those need to specifically scale from the CENTER Out.

In Flash, I was able to tweak the Registration Points, so that they
would automatically Scale the way I needed them to.

BUT, in Flex, I don't even know where to start with something like this.

Could anybody shed some light on this topic for me?

Thanks in advance,

Mike