From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ralf Bokelberg
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] What's the "official" consensus of using
CodeBehind??

What is your reasoning to use code behind? Why would you want to double
every class and add an additional inheritance layer just to separate
Mxml from ActionScript? Why would you want to declare every component
you are using twice, once in AS and the second time in Mxml? Is it to
separate presentation from functionality? Generally this is a good idea,
but i think it is important where to draw the line between the two. When
you think of traditional systems with a template engine as the
presentation layer, the templates also contain some code to build the
presentation, while the functionality is implemented by plain classes.
Now if we translate this thinking to Mxml and ActionScript, we should
leave all the code we need to build the presentation inside the Mxml
files and factor out the real functionality into classes. So i'd say,
there is nothing wrong with ActionScript in Mxml files as long as it is
strictly presenation related.

Cheers
Ralf.