I was just about to post the same question before I saw this and
thought I'd ride this one out to see where it goes.

I've found a bunch of examples on how to filter an ArrayCollection
with a text box such as this one (maybe it will help you Kumar):
http://spbarber.com/blog/flex-20-listcollectionviewfilterfunction-
example-1

What I'm looking to do is filter my ArrayCollection with a
radiobuttongroup I have in place.  Below is my XML and I want to
filter on the "phase" node.  So if the user clicks the radio button
with the value of Deployment my datagrid will now only display those
records.  The text examples seem to be much more than I need.  I
believe it should be easier than what I'm finding.

<projects>
        <project>
                <projectName>US Flash 8 Upgrade</projectName>
                <forSnap>1</forSnap>
                <changeComments>Deployment Date</changeComments>
                <phase>Deployment</phase>
                <description>Initiative to upgrade</description>
                <contact>Derek Nagy</contact>
                <startDate>07/06/2006</startDate>
                <endDate>07/06/2006</endDate>
                <dateType>0</dateType>
                <sponsoringOrg>EYG</sponsoringOrg>
                <businessCase>Security fixes</businessCase>
                <area>US</area>
                <businessLine>All</businessLine>
                <audienceDescription/>
                <experience/>
                <projectSponsor/>
                <projectManager>Howard</projectManager>
      </project>...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, kumarpal jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Can some one help me in filterFunction method of
listcollectionView or Array Collection ..

>   I am looking for some examples on the same ....which will help .
>
>   I am a bit confused in this I want to filter some records in
array collection and can we use this method for this...