Hello All,

I am presently using SWFLoader, to bring in my Vector Maps, but now the
time has come where these compiled SWF Files, will be multi-framed, as
well as containing Properties and Methods, visible layers (which can be
toggled), etc. - for added functionality.

How can I access properties & execute functions that are embedded in the
SWF Files, from within Flex?  I am not trying to "remote control" these
SWF's in another browser window, what I need to do is talk to them
directly from within the same application.

I've seen the LocalConnection topic come up a few times, as that's the
method 1.5 version of Yahoo Maps uses, to allow the API to work from
inside of Flex (this will of course, go away when the 2.0 version of the
Yahoo Maps API comes out).

Must I use the LocalConnection method, in order to simply speak to my
Embedded SWF Files?  Or is there a more direct approach?

Just for a quick example, I was hoping to use something to this effect:

        mySWFLoader.content.gotoAndPlay(10);

Well, you get the idea...

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Mike