Hello Scott (in particular) :)

You mentioned a "Proxy" - what you do mean by this exactly?

Is this supposed to be some custom class that I write?  If so, what is
supposed to be contained within it?

I did read up on the Document Object, and I am now doing my Flash 9 FLA
files with a custom Document Class, representing the Root Timeline.  I
am pretty sure I did it right, since I am getting no compile errors.

But my question is, is the AS3 Class File I used for the Document
Object, strictly used for the FLA file?  Or is this also used inside of
Flex Builder, after I bring the external SWF file in?

This is where I am getting a little confused.

All the articles I find on this topic, covers the Flash side of things -
and they never take that next step, and tell you how to reference it
inside of Flex.

If you have anything else on this topic, I'd really be grateful for your
help.

Thanks,

Mike