To do it like you are thinking, you will need to use a Flash 9 swf instead
of a Flash 8 swf. Apollo will likely do exactly what you want. It is
presumed to be released in public beta form in the next few weeks.

Shan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of stevekpeak8
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:06 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Accessing FLEX data from within a SWF??

I really appreciate the good ideas.

I tried this approach, and it (unfortunately) didn't work.

What I really need, however is merely to be able to find out how to
correctly notate the SCOPE of variables in the SWF, and whether I
need to do anything specific to EXPOSE them in the SWF file.

Thanks,

Steve

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ,
leds usop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> have you tried using FABridge or externalinterface
> instead? that is assuming of course swfkit supports
> javascript.
>

> --- stevekpeak8 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response,
> >
> > I'm not really trying to go between AVM2 and AVM3
> > for my actual
> > product. Yes, opening a Flex app in Flash AMOUNTS
> > to doing so, but
> > that's just to try to get a better view of how to
> > access the AVM3
> > variables.
> >
> > All I'm trying to do is to gain access to some of
> > the AVM3 variables
> > in my Flex swf so that my EXE wrapper can
> > communicate with the SWF.
> >
> > BTW... Are there any utilities available that would
> > let me peer
> > inside an AVM3 SWF?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
, leds usop
> > <rptlead@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You cant access avm2(as2 swfs) scripts loaded
> > within
> > > avm3 (as3 swfs -->flex swfs) and vice versa. Well
> > at
> > > least not directly. If you forcibly load an as3
> > swf in
> > > flash 8, certainly you will not be able to see the
> > > scripts/ vars within except perhaps the version
> > var.
> > > Same thing goes with loading as2 swfs within as3,
> > > unless you are using the as2 swf as assets for
> > > skinning and the like, you will lose the
> > > script-enabled functionalities in that as2 swf.
> > You
> > > can check out the docs for more details about
> > this.
> > >
> > > You may want to take a look at FlashInterface
> > here:
> > >

> http://www.flashextensions.com/products/flashinterface.php
> > >
> > > although i think you will have to change which
> > loads
> > > which... anyway, it's better than not being able
> > > to use your as2 functionalities entirely - unless
> > you
> > > port all of them into as3 :) I hope that helps.
> > Best
> > > of luck!
> > >
> > > -leds

> > suggest,
> > an

> > and
> > from
> > itself, I
> > see

> > the

> > in
> > you

<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , Claus Wahlers