Hi,

Embedding is a compile-time operation, so you need to embed your
symbols initially, then reference them later.

You might try embedding all the symbols as separate assets within your
flex app, i.e.

[Embed(source='imageSwf.swf;,symbol='symbolName')]
public var symbolName:Class;

You can of course group these into a class of their own, i.e.

public class Images
{
    [Embed(source='imageSwf.swf;,symbol='symbolNameA')]
    public static var symbolNameA:Class;

    [Embed(source='imageSwf.swf;,symbol='symbolNameB')]
    public static var symbolNameB:Class;
}

... then reference with Images.symbolNameX;

Get the dataProvider in your repeater component to reference using
that mechanism and it should work. If there's some special reason why
you're using text to reference the image, you can always create
another object type, with both name and class variables, then use
whichever is applicable to render the correct image.

Best Regards,
Ciarán