Hi Simon,

I'm one of the leaders for the Red5 project (http://osflash.org/red5), and I
also run a consulting business focused on Flash, Flex, Java and Red5.

I saw this post that you sent to the Flexcoders list about the troubles that
you are having with FDS and Hibernate. I thought that it might be worth your
while to look at Red5. Integration with Hibernate through the Spring context
is really well established and of course Red5 is open source so you could
conceivably fix any problems that might arise. I know that others have
successfully integrated Red5 and Hibernate with little or no problems. It
would be great to get more people to look at using Red5 as an alternative to
FDS. Right now, I don't think that people realize that you can even do this,
not to mention the power in doing so.

Anyway, feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and good luck
with your project.

-Chris