Please disregard my reply... i got my code from a coworker and after
some testing based on your post I believe the code I am using is
incorrect.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jmorpher03
        Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 5:46 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] ctrl key with a combination - doesnt seem
to work

        Hi,

        I am trying to trap the ctrl key along with a combination of any
other
        alphanumeric key by using the following code on a DataGrid
control:

        public void myKeyDown(event:KeyBoardEvent):void {
        if ( event.ctrlKey && event.keyCode == 67 ) // for 'C'
        {
        // copy selected row

        This does not seem to work. Nor is any other key combination
detected
        when we use the ctrl key.

        Isnt this the way to handle keyboard events ? Is there any other
        explicit way to handle it ?

        Regards,
        Asgar.