If the result format is set to object... or not set at
all (default is object), the result will be wrapped by
an ObjectProxy if there's a single node. Hence
Andrew's solution should do the trick.  However, in my
case, to ensure that I can indeed use it as an array i
do:

ArrayUtil.toArray(event.result.SomeNode);

then assign that to arr if its a valid array (or throw
an error if not). then set arr as the source of the
new arraycollection.

--- greenfishinwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> This works for me:
>
> if (event.result.price_sets.price_set is
> ArrayCollection) {
>   arr = event.result.price_sets.price_set.source;
> } else {
>   arr = [event.result.price_sets.price_set];
> }
>
> arrCol = new ArrayCollection(arr);
>
> Andrew
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "darylgmyers"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > When I use an HTTPService result as an
> ArrayCollection, certain nodes
> > will be set as a single item or an array depending
> on the number of
> > items in the node.  Is there a simple way to
> always force a node to an
> > array regardless of how many items there are?

Have a burning question?