________________________________

        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doug McCune
        Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:08 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com; flexcomponents@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] Announcing FlexLib - open source flex
component library

        I'm pleased to announce FlexLib: a new open-source project for
Flex 2
        components. This project is a Google Code hosted project,
released
        under the MIT license. I've been working with Darron Schall,
Mike
        Chambers and Ted Patrick to get the project up and running.
We're
        hoping to build a concentrated community effort for custom Flex
        component development.

        Have you been looking for a community project to contribute to?
Do you
        have custom components you've been releasing on your blog? Want
        brainstorm about new and improved components?

        The project currently contains a handful of components that have
been
        developed by me or Darron (including some new ones I haven't
blogged
        about yet). We want to get the Flex developer community involved
and
        have a central resource that will help us all build off each
other's
        work. To get involved take a look at the project page on google
code
        (link below) and read the HowToContribute wiki page.

        For more information read through the project website, join the
        discussion group, and email me if you have more questions. If
you want
        to contribute your code, drop us a line and we'll get you
involved.

        FlexLib project page: http://code.google.com/p/flexlib
<http://code.google.com/p/flexlib>

        Announcement on my blog: