One thing to look at would be dispatch a HEADER_RELEASE event on the
datagrid.  Its not the most straightforward fix, and will take a little
tweaking to get to work right, but it is doable.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Royle
        Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:09 PM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] simulate datagrid header click, or set
default sort column

        Hi guys,

        This came up last week but no working response was given.

        I have my data sorted in a dataProvider, however whenever I add
new data I add it to the end of the ArrayCollection. However this means
the datagrid is no longer sorted correctly.

        I wish I could execute the private method sortByColumn() that
exists in the DataGrid class, but it's private!!

        Anyone with a solution? I have tried subclassing and also
copying code directly, but the sortByColumn method uses private
variables, so I'm stuck again.

        Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem?

        Cheers,
        Adam