Sure, that is what EC2 is for. The only thing to be aware of is that
EC2 only runs linux instances. Of course this is not a problem for FDS
of course but just an FYI.

However, the big benefit of EC2 is inifinte scalability, and FDS
express edition will not allow you to run multiple instances. In fact,
because EC2 instances are less power than the fastest machines
available, running FDS on EC2 might not be the most economical option
from a license cost perspective.

Regards
Hank