Interesting... I'd be curious how the curly-brace syntax translates to AS3.
There are watchers for XML in the mx.binding.* package. Perhaps they are
automatically used? They work by basically injecting some stuff into the XML
object's prototype... which is a cool way to retrofit a built-in class! ;-)

It'd be great to see some more detailed explanation of this from Adobe... at
the very least, some commitment to intended behavior that we can depend on
(as opposed to this being some kind of happenstance side-effect). It would
be very handy to have a nice fat XML document that I could modify at will
and have various bindings update auto-magically.

Troy.