On 3/9/07, Greg Hesla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> Would anyone like to share their experience with creating some sort
> of web-based PDF-annotation app? I realize that this may not be
> something that I can do in Flex, but if I can kick it off from within
> my Flex app, that would work as well.

we use coldfusion, either it's cfdocument tag for simpler PDFs or
iText (OS java lib which actually powers cf's cfdocument tag) if we
really need to control placement, merge PDFs, etc. if we need to grab
graphics off the UI we encode them using either the JPEGEncoder or
PNGEncoder. only "ugly" part is that we have to pop open another
browser window to display the PDF.

we've also used cf to produce flashpaper (mainly for context help)
which can be stuffed into TitleWindow, etc, which seems more native to
the flex app.