Hi

I am trying to print a list of ID's from a canvas. I have the following
code:

private function printMovies(e:Event):void

{

                var printJob:FlexPrintJob = new FlexPrintJob();

                if(printJob.start()){

                                var printCanvas:Canvas = new Canvas();

                                var txtApprovedList:Text = new Text();

                                txtApprovedList.width = printJob.pageWidth;

                                txtApprovedList.text = "textstring";

<code for generating string>

                                printCanvas.addChild(txtApprovedList);

printCanvas.setStyle("backgroundColor",0xFFFFFF);

this.parentApplication.MainPanel.addChild(printCanvas); //just so I can see
it renders OK, will be removed

                                printJob.addObject(printCanvas);

                                printJob.send();

With the last 2 lines commented out I get the print dialogue then when I
click print the canvas appears with the text in. With the last 2 lines not
commented out I get the print dialogue but when I hit print nothing happens,
no canvas or text appears and nothing prints.

This code does work if I just add the Text Object (not the canvas) to print
but then the text has a grey background.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Giles Roadnight