First I'd check to make sure your problem isn't in how the the cursor is
set.  It's possible that you're calling functions you are not aware of:
Look into mouseEvent.updateAfterEvent() if you have functions that receive a
MouseEvent to speed things up in general.  Also I would just continue to try
to optimize your code.  Make sure cursor changes are happening on MouseOver
and Out instead of move, and make sure those events are being thrown when
you think they are.  If the itemrenderer has children they could be causing
these events to happen more often than you'd like.  You can either play with
the mouseEnabled of the children and mouseChildren property of the
itemrender or check in the event listener to make sure you've actually
entered/left the component you think you have.

If none of those things work then it is probably the graphic itself.  On
thing you can try is adding a mouseMove Listener that only calls
mouseEvent.updateAfterEvent().  That could fix the problem, but it's kinda a
workaround considering it simply forcing an update when the automatic ones
should work.

- Dan Freiman