Thanks, that makes sense.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of kasey.mccurdy
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: When to use Flex???

Hey there Allan -- i'll try to throw my 3 cents in, and by all means,
if anyone else has something to add - do so.

basicaly, flex is an application framework...stress the word
"APPLICATION". our strategy on flex has been that if we can consider
it an APPLICATION, we will use flex. If youre going to do a website
for a danish death metal band, for example...you would probably use
flash, as it's gonna be pretty artistic and not really an
application...just a fancy website. however, if said danish death
metal band needed a way for their management to update their site and
add new shows, news, and other 'management' type stuff...flex would
be a great tool to use to construct a content management system, in
conjunction with PHP, java, ruby, whatever....

So....really simply....thats how we use flex apps where i work. thats
not to say you cant make flex look great....but its mainly for
APPLICATIONS :)

hows that fer redundancy?

, "Jagos, Allan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What sites make the most sense to use Flex?
> Internets, Intranets, Extranets?
> Marketing sites about Flex aren't even usually written in Flex so it
> made me wonder what type of site makes sense.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Allan M. Jagos
> Web Developer
>
> Robinson & Cole LLP
> 280 Trumbull Street
> Hartford, CT 06103-3597
> Direct (860) 275-8335 | Fax (860) 275-8299
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.rc.com <http://www.rc.com/ <http://www.rc.com/> >
> Contact Card <http://www.rc.com/documents/peopleVcard/AMJ.vcf
<http://www.rc.com/documents/peopleVcard/AMJ.vcf> >

> Boston New London Hartford Stamford White Plains New York
> Sarasota

> This transmittal may be a confidential attorney-client communication
or may otherwise be privileged or confidential. If it is not clear
that you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this transmittal in error; any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If
you suspect that you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by telephone at 1-860-275-8200, or e-mail at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and immediately delete this message and all its attachments.