Well, just one more point: constraints (similar to padding) have
nothing to do with the dimensions of a container.  They simply
provide a mechanism for positioning. While using top, bottom, left
and right can cause resizing, relative to the parent, they are more
or less just a tool for placement.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "scott_flex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I do agree that the vbox automatically grows based on it's content
is
> a good thing sometimes, i am making use of that default behavior
for
> sure.
>
> However, the constraint based layout is designed so i don't have
> manually code changes for the width and height when the parent
object
> is resized... so I would have never expected this behavior nor
does
> it make sense (IMHO).
>
> I'll just continue on with what i've done, it's not that
complicated,