How to get around this error? I've written small Flex application to
retrieve stock info in exchange for  company symbol. I've used
Eclipse with Flex plugin. Inside the app, I'm calling webservice on
quote.yahoo.com website.  I can load the html page which references
the swf file (by either running it from within Eclipse, or by
opening it in both IE and Firefox). This works fine, and I get some
stock data back. However, if I try serving the page from one of my
local servers, or even copying it (along with other supporting
files) to other location on my hard drive, loading the same page
results in an "Security error accessing url" from my Adobe Flash
Player 9. I've even tried to use a straight HTTP post instead of a
webservice call, but to no avail.

Now, I know that in order to access the data on the domain other
than the one my app is running on, Adobe Flash Player requires
crossdomain.xml file to be on the data server root. Yahoo indeed
hosts this file at http://quote.yahoo.com/crossdomain.xml, but it
only has a few entries. I simply want to read company stock info
from publicly exposed service, but I see no way of adding the domain
name to their crossdomain file each time someone wants to read a
stock info.

Any help is appreciated.

Roman