Hi guys,

I'm WOAH new to flex. My company is seriously starting to look at it
now. So I have the mind numbing task to work out a few things.

What I'm trying to do is change the currentState based on a URL that I
passthrough using flashvars i.e.

                <cfoutput>"flashvars",'RequestType=
#url.RequestType#&historyUrl=&history.htm%3F&lconid=' + lc_id +
'',</cfoutput>

Now that works a treat..passing the variables works fine. Where I come
stuck is how to get the currentState to show one thing when the url
comes through or another thing with a different url parameter.

i.e.

                     private function initApp():void
                     {
                        var RequestType:String =
Application.application.parameters.RequestType;
                          Alert.show(RequestType);
                                if (RequestType == '1')
                                {
                                Alert.show('1');
                                changemystate();
                        }
                        else
                        {
                                Alert.show('2');
                                currentState='showdifferent';

Am I doing this right...or can someone point me in the right direction
to learn about what I'm trying to do.

I'm a coldfusion programmer...so all this object orientated stuff is
Wierd dood!.

Jeremy