Just wondering, is it possible to completely programmatically generate
all interface elements at runtime in Flex (i.e. do you HAVE to have
any compile time MXML or can you dynamically generate your entire UI
on the fly using AS if you so wish).

Simple example, want to generate forms for CRUD. I could code gen a
set of MXML files or I could (hopefully) write dynamic AS that'd take
a field list and create the appropriate components at runtime.
Ignoring performance issues for now, are there any limitations/gotchas
in completely dynamically generated UIs based on AS?

Also, can you dynamically add/edit/delete view states just using AS?

Any hints/tips much appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Peter