If people are against the proxy application.. what's the better solution?
(since I can't see how can I counterfeit a crossdomain file in a external
and not-accessible server)

On 3/12/07, Troy Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Ahh, yes, but if all of your clients go through your proxy server then
on to the eventual non-crossdomain.xml server, then that server admin sees
that there are a huge amount of requests originating from your proxy server
and he can throttle it as appropriate. If the requests come directly from
the clients, then he has potentially thousands of different points of entry
to throttle.

But I do agree with your point... in general, I'd like to see Flash *at a
minimum* have all of the read-only access that the web browser has. It
infuriating when some AJAX code can access stuff more easily than Flash...
that just *feels* backwards to me, and I think it ultimately hurts Flash's
use for some cases.

Troy.

--
André Rodrigues Pena