var call : Object = service.[this.method]( params );

Thanks,

- Kevin

On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

newInstance[someMethodName](someParam)

For example, myCanvas["addChild"](new Button())

- Gordon

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:06 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Dynamic Instance of Class & Data Typing

by the same token how would I call a method dynamically.

newClass[someMethodName](someParam);

I tried the above with no luck.

thanks, Kevin

On Mar 13, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

Yes, assuming that myFavoriteClass is actually linked into your app. You can use the getDefinitionByName() to look up a class by name, and the 'new' operator to create an instance of it. I think the code would be

import flash.utils.getDefinitionByName;

function instantiateClass(className:String):Object
{
    var myClass:Class = Class(getDefinitionByName(className));
    return new myClass();
}

- Gordon