In this case, you are creating a new event instance, so the clone
over-ride doesn't matter.  It would only matter if you were
redispatching an event that was already instantiated.

- do I really need to create a custom event class for every type of
event?

Usually, you would only create a custom event, in Cairngorm or plain
Flex, if you need to attach properties (parameters, data...) to the
event.  If not, just register the event name in the Controller and
you're good to go.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sean Sell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you, that was very helpful.
>
> As a follow on question: if you dispatch an event in a Cairngorm
app like so:

> CairngormEventDispatcher.getInstance().dispatchEvent( new
CairngormEvent( AppController.GET_WORK_ITEMS_EVENT ) );

> I haven't created my own custom event, does Cairngorm take care of
the override or do I really need to create a custom event class for
every type of event?

Events

> Hi Sean,
>
> Here's a good explanation:
>
> http://www.tink. ws/blog/custom- events-in- as-30-dont- forget-to-
override- the-clone- method/

> -TH
> ____________ _________ _________ ____
>
> Tim Hoff
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> http://www.cynergys ystems.com
> Office: 866-CYNERGY
>

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Sean Sell <rough68fish@ ...>
wrote:

> > In one of the Cairngorm examples I learned Cairngorm from each
event had defined an override for the clone method (of
Flash.Event) . Does anyone understand haw and when you should do
this? Does Cairngorm clone the events behind the scenes somewhere
that requires this be done?

> > --Sean

> > Be a PS3 game guru.
> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at
Yahoo! Games.