updateDL gets called incase you want to change the font color based on
the selection highlight.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of durnelln
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 5:40 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Datagrid Button Renderer Performance

, "Jason Hawryluk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Personally I have a huge preference for AS only itemrenderers
however that
> said, at first glance I would ask why are you adding a event
listener when
> the button has this built in?

My button renderer listens for the click event and then dispatches a
custom event containing the row data and the renderer's configured
action string. I guess there could be a cleaner way of doing this
(overrinding the button's clickHandler method?) but I must admit that
I haven't changed it as it works and I have plenty of other stuff to
be getting on with!

> As for the updateDisplayList, I suggest you read up on what it's
for and
> just how important it is...

I understand what updateDisplayList does. I am simply confused as to
why all the button renderers are being continually redrawn when their
size, position and visual appearance haven't changed!

Nick.