I'm working with John on the project.

 We are supposed to be streaming FLVs, but the Content Delivery
Network sometimes returns rmtp URLs that contain a direct reference to
an flv file.  Sometimes it returns URLs that don't contain a direct
reference.

 In this case, I understand that "Content Delivery Network" is just a
fancy term for "We outsourced our FMS hosting"