Maury,
   Please take a look @ the subchapter on resources (somewhere close
to the end of chapter 8 - did not get my copy of the book with real
page numbers yet). Basically it talks about moving destination part
along with key columns and some other properties into separate class -
there you can provide caching and notifications a la runtime styles -
only on the properties/model level.

Regards,
Anatole Tartakovsky