Interesting! I didn't know about xml:id. It appears that for
processors that support it, the xml namespace is bound implicitly to
http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace, and id is an attribute scoped to
this namespace.
AS3 seems to support this. Hurray! Here are some ways you could
extract the id attribute. This shows how you can use namespaced
attributes as well.
trace([EMAIL PROTECTED]); //null
trace([EMAIL PROTECTED]::id); //wtf
namespace xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";;