Why would it matter for the API whether or not event dispatching was
asynchronous? Clients still listen for events and hear them; the only
difference would be that the stack would get taller on the sync calls.

If you *really* needed to make ape async behavior, you could have the sync
methods use a doLater() method to wait a frame before broadcasting an event.

-Mark Hawley

--
John Mark Hawley
The Nilbog Group